Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Nov 2006
career advice plse
I am 46 and have been in a Personal Assistant position most of my life. I feel frustrated as I have very good skils and qualifications but have always been overlooked at companies where I work. In the PA field there seems to be no growth opportunities as most bosses prefer to keep you on in this position because it suits them to keep you there. How can I progress to break out of this rut and be promoted to become a manager? I have just completed a HR management course but to start on entry level in the HR department would mean a huge cut in salary. What frustrates me is that so many young inexperienced immature people get promoted to management level without having sufficient skills particularly people skills and here I sit with many years of experience still stick in a PA position... any advice would be welcome. Thanks!
I echo the reply of anon below!!! I would however work through some of your fears and find more power before you go down that path. Also getting really creative with someone in a brainstorming session may prove very beneficial in providing you with more possibilities and opportunities.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19981 votes