Ask an expert

03 Aug 2010

Family Advocate
Reading on the internet, most sites tell that custody and access is normally based on the suggestions given by the Family Advocate. But they go on to tell that the Family Advocates report is only suggestions and not an actual court order.

So when the case does go to court can I contest the Family Advocates report and get a court order which is fair ?. If so do I only pay my costs for contesting the report or would I also be accountable for my x''''s cost as well.
Answer 254 views
Family law expert
family law expert

01 Jan 0001

The Family Advocate can only give a recommendation to the court and the court is not obliged to follow that recommendation. If you do contest the recommendation in court you might be penalised with the costs if you are unsuccesful and vice versa.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.