Ask an expert

20 Mar 2007

Condition called?Womans body kills sperm
Hi there,

I know there is a condition where a woman's body kills sperm. Could you please tell me what the condition is called and where can I get info about it?

Many thanks.
Answer 625 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Skinny

I think what you may be referring to is anti-sperm antibodies. Some women have anti-sperm antibodies in the cervical/vaginal secretions which can affect fertility. The best treatment for this is IUI.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19893 votes