Ask an expert

30 Sep 2009

Failing 2 fall pregnant naturally, what can FE assist with?
I am 34 years old. I had ectopic 9 years ago and my right hand tube cut. Thereafter had 4 laporoscopies due to endometriosis and tried in those 4 years without success even with chlomid. Later we were blessed with a daughter (now 5 years) without any intervention. Its been 3 years after our daughter that we are trying and again its a challenge with my period pains at their worst and periods irregular. For the first time, I have made an appointment to see a Fertility expert instead of a gynae as time is of the essence. What can I expect from the Fertility Expert'  s 1st consultation. In case my left tube is still perfect, what are the chances of falling pregnant with my history of endometriosis? What services can I get from him that the gynae cannot offer?
Answer 334 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Neli G

The fertility expert will certainly recommend another laparoscopy to evaluate the extent of your endometriosis and the patency of the remaining tube. Alternately he may recommend an X-ray called an HSG, which will give information about the tubal patency as well. In all probability, based on your age, in-vitro fertilization may be a recommendation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.