Ask an expert

10 Nov 2006

falling pregnant again
I had a sterilization 1998 where my tubes were cut off and i want another child is it posssible for me to get one , and how ? please help me im am 31yrs old
Answer 381 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Noma

The least invasive form of managing this situation would be by Invitro fertilisation through a fertility centre. However, it is also possible to reconstruct and re-anastimose the fallopian tubes through micro-surgery. However, this operation requires full anaesthesia as well as hospitalisation for three to four days, and a post-operative recovery period for plus minus three weeks. The advantage of the IVF is that it is minimally invasive and does not require hospitalisation and post recovery periods. The success rate in either situation is approximately the same.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes