Ask an expert

21 Jan 2009

Gynae and/or FS???
Hi Doctor

I have recently moved to Pretoria. I am currently seeing a FS (Medfem) and would like to know whether I should also get a gynae over and above the FS for my general gynaecological queries? I am not sure how it works with the FS in the picture.

Thank you
Answer 321 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Angel

In general most fertility specialists are in fact gynaecologists as well and I would suggest that for very basic gynaecological problems there should be no reason to consult a separate gynaecologist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.