Ask an expert

13 Jan 2008

Hi Doc, kindly advise my boyfriend and i have been living together for quite some time and we have been trying for a baby for some reason nothing is happening? How do we know where the problem lay? I already have a child from a previous relationship. What shall we do?
Answer 409 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Rolo

A very simple approach would be to have your boyfriend’s sperm analysed (spermiogram or semen analysis), This can be arranged with any of the major laboratories ,for eg: Lancet or Ampath or any fertility clinic . Should the sperm analysis be within normal range then it would imply that all probability the problem lies with you.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.