Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Nov 2005
I wonder if you could help me. I have been told that i have PCOS and am very lucky if I have a period on my own once a year. I have however had a milky substance coming out of my breasts and I was told that my Prolactin levels are normal Could you please advise as to whether or not this is something to be conserned about. My hubby and I are wanting to start a family and I really would like to Eliminate any posible problems I could have. My Gynae has told me I will have to have Provera to bring on a period and then recommends 150mg Clomid (3 x a day) is this advisable?
if your prolactin level is normal , then the brest secretion is not hormonal , but should still be assessed.clomid is advisible but i would begin at 50mg and step up until ovulation is achieved.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines and severe side effects: These numbers will help you keep calm
- Covid-19: Delta variant symptoms include headache, runny nose – can feel 'more like a bad cold'
- Covid-19 immunity passports: People could become lax about basic protection measures
- What is a nutritionally balanced diet and how do you achieve it?
- The EFF wants us to use the Russian, Chinese vaccines. But there are unanswered questions about them
- 'Vengeful spite' and 'publicity seekers': Ace Magashule, ANC meet in court
- Don't worry - we will eventually have the money for SAA, Harith says amid funding concerns
- Karyn Maughan | Malema's bid to gag former EFF MP over VBS ends in tears for the fighters
- No trust, no understanding - the divide between SA's formal sector and the township economy
- Tour Verdict: SA's bowling boxes ticked, but batting issues remain a work in progress
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9527 votes
69% - 20975 votes