Ask an expert

01 Aug 2007

Retractile testes
Dear Doc,

My husband's testes seem to completely disappear fom the sack when he is about to ejaculate. We have been trying to have a baby for the last two years. He is extremely conscious of his genitals and is reluctant to see a urologist. He had undescended testes when he was young and had the correctional surgery. His testes look quite normal when he is unaroused but become smaller and smaller and look as though they have completely dissapeared. Please could you give us some insight and also the likelyhood of us conceiving naturally or if not what our options are. I have a child from a previous relationship and have had an HSG that was clear.

Many thanks
Answer 320 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Athena

In view of the history, it would be extremely important at this stage to have a semen analysis done. This can be privately and confidentially arranged with any laboratory or fertility unit. I would suggest howeve,r that you use a reputable laboratory so as to get a fairly accurate result.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.