Ask an expert

22 Nov 2005

To the Fertility Exp. ED and Trying to conceive
I've been ttcing for the past 3 years my hubby was requested to do semen analyisis but for some customary reasons he did'nt go he's an African so I assume that he doesn't think the problem is his. Now recently I was reading about Erectile Dysfunction and the symptoms matched his this is been going on for 3 months now. The other day he's fine but for most of the time he'can't get an erection, in simple terms we only have sex maybe 5 times a month which som of the time it's not my ovulation period. I've copied him those articles on ED and he understands that he need help and now wants to see the Doc. We are around JHB would you kindly advise us where to go because this is getting serious.
Answer 335 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Desperate

The problem of erectile dysfunction (ED) is increasingly common and it needs to be addressed. It can be a contributory factor to infertility. However, other causes of infertility. male and female, needs to be excluded. I would recommend that he visits a urologist or alternately a fertility centre where the ED can be discussed and treated/managed appropriately.

It is also important that a thorough semen analysis be conducted to exclude the possibility of sperm abnormalities as well as infections.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19934 votes