Ask an expert

13 Oct 2009

Urologist of Fertility Specialist?
Dear Doc,

My husband is 60 and I am 30. We are trying to fall pregnant but the problem is that my husband has erectile disfunction. Should he visit a urologist or a fertility specialist?

Thank you for your time.

Mrs. Z

Answer 411 views
Fertility expert
Fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mrs. Z

If the only problem of you as a couple trying to achieve a pregnancy is your husband’s erectile dysfunction and that there are no other problems then I would suggest that you see a urologist to see if he could help you with your husband’s problem of erectile dysfunction. If the urologist cannot help with the erectile dysfunction then it would be advisable then to seek help from a fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.