Ask an expert

28 Jul 2008

want to have a baby
Hi I want to have a baby done all the necessary test hubby and I but still waiting to fall pregnant. Now i went back on nordette after 10 years, want to try it for 3 months,pls help desperate, i have 1 daughter also had 3 miscarriage. Doctor B.N. Naidoo is my gynae.

many thanks
Answer 3,470 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lily

My suggestion is for you to go back to your gynaecologist and discuss the concerns that you are still waiting to fall pregnant without any success. If all the tests are done namely, the fallopian tubes are patent and that has been tested with either an hSG or a laparoscopy and your husband’s sperms are all normal as well your hormonal profiles are normal then generally you should have a good chance of falling pregnant. If however you have been trying for a considerable amount of time then I would suggest that either your gynaecologist treat you or refer you to a fertility clinic were assisted reproductive techniques could be used to assist you in falling pregnant. The assisted reproductive techniques would either be intrauterine insemination or in vitro fertilization.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes