Ask an expert

16 Nov 2004

I exercise regularly, am well proportioned but, for the life of me, cannot get rid of that flabby bit where the triceps are supposed to be. Okay, okay, I'm also 35 which may contribute to it but please help me.........what exercises can I do to, at least, reduce this flabbiness.

Answer 370 views

01 Jan 0001


This is a very difficult problem, and i won't lie to you by saying that it just involves more time, or more exercise or a change in diet. The truth is that it might involve these, and certainly I think that you should continue with your exercise, and look at diet as well. But, the bottom line is that you are fighting against a natural process which will occur with ageing and also it's a natural phenomenon.

So, in my opinion, what you can change with your training is to possibly add some arm exercises - tricep dips, tricep pulldowns, tricep curls with dumbells etc. You also have to maintain your cardio training while you are doing this.

Remember that this is a very very common problem, and so just hang in there, exercise for the love of it and to get fitter, and then hopefully it will take care of itself, but it is important that you don't make this the be all and end all of the training.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20323 votes