Ask an expert

31 Jul 2007

Loosing weight and then building muscle
I was on 94kg then and are down to 86kg now. i used usn phedra cut, diet fuel and cla and it took me 5days a week in the gym and a very good balanced diet. I am 1.77m tall and currently on 86kg (25 years old.) so i'm not satisfied yet cause i'm still overweight. I bought myself the usn mega anabolic stack and the profesional protein and want to start using it cause i want to have a VERY GOOD LOOKING BODY for the desember holidays. should i start using it now or must i loose more weight and come down to 80kg and can i do al this before desember? thank you!
Answer 514 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Wayne

The biggest issue you need to deal with is probably diet, before you consider these supplements. Quite frankly, I don't believe that you need them at all, I think they are probably a huge waste of money, and the ones you are now moving to, the anabolic stack, is possibly quite a dangerous one. So I would actually suggest that you forget about using them and concentrate on diet instead. I think that with a good diet, you can reasonably expect to get down to 80kg by December. Now, the next thing you need to worry about is that you are trying to build muscle, which will cause weight to go up. Therefore, getting down to 80kg is not simply a case of losing 6 kg - you also have to gain muscle, and that means losing more (in reality), so that the nett result is 6kg. Make sense?

Therefore, the type of training you do is very important. I think that the key is to focus on cardiovascular training, and let weight work make up maybe 40% of your training. The weight work should be moderate intensity, while the cardio should be a mix of very easy base work (where you can train for an hour non stop), and very high intensity work, like interval training in the gym. The combination of those two is ideal - difficult to make more recommendations, because the one thing I know nothing about is your training history.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.