Ask an expert

13 Mar 2007

What to do???
My boyfriend of 14 months moved back to london, and i am feeling absolutley defastated. We've spoken about me moving over there, but the problem is i've already had my 2 year workig visa in the UK, and im not sure if i can get another.We love eachother very much, and im feeling so confused at the moment, feeling very lost too.We met when i was still living in london, i had to move back to sa due to my visa expiring, i realy dont enjoy living here either, and reali wish i could move bak to london. What to do???
Answer 323 views
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Foxsuperstar, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I suggest that your boyfriend address this in the UK, as opposed to your trying to address from South Africa. As Nikki indicated, your boyfriend needs to explore getting you to join him on the grounds of your relationship. He may need to consult a gay-friendly immigration lawyer. Any large gay organisation in London should also be able to offer him advice.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19857 votes