Ask an expert

09 Mar 2004

blood group
if a female is blood group O and the male blood group O can they have children with AB or B blood group, or if the female has B blood group and the male O would the children have AB or B blood group
Answer 442 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear bg

It would be best to consult a haematologist on this issue, since the test done for blood grouping is not done at the DNA level.

Regards, Maritha
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9425 votes
68% - 19886 votes