Ask an expert

26 Jul 2006

testing for antibodies
Can a person have a genetic problem in regards to producing antibodies to an hiv infection if that person has been healthy their whole life? I feel I have symptoms to hiv infection[quite specific] but I have tested negative on antibody tests for over two years. Is this medically possible?
Answer 307 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear JJ

I am not aware of such a genetic link. Best would be to consult a virologist or immunologist.

Regards, Maritha
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9361 votes
67% - 19296 votes