Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Jul 2005
16 weeks - slight spotting
I am 16 weeks pregnant and yesterday I went for my appointment and everything was fine with the baby - had the triple blood test done and yesterday midday I noticed slight discharge with blood - not clotting and no cramps, pains, etc. I have had this before from 8 to 12 weeks and then it stopped until yesterday. Should I be worried? Is this spotting because of the blood test? I am anemic. Please help. I don't want to stress because the doctor said the baby was fine (he measured the baby, measured the crown of baby's head and the heartbeat was fine).
The spotting would not be related to the blood test. If the baby was fine yesterday, it is probably the same as before.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Covid-19 causing strokes among young and healthy adults, global study finds
- Why we remember more by reading – especially print – than from audio or video
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Appeasing Hitler didn't work, and it won't work with Magashule, says ANC stalwart Mavuso Msimang
- ‘It was a lot’ – Professor Karim tells us why he’s leaving us
- US wants to be global leader in ensuring vaccine access, its SA representative says
- 'Disrespected' Mpofu lays unprofessional conduct complaint against advocate he told to shut up
- Storming Stravino always wanted to be a Bull: 'WP's wingers get lost too often'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20202 votes