Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Nov 2006
19 wks preg but baby is 18wks GA how??
Hi there, I'm confused about my baby's gestational age, according to my LMP, I'm 19 weeks pregnant on Thursday but the ultrasound I had on Mon. 6 Nov said my baby is measuring 18wks gestational, how the hell can that be? Should my baby not be somewhere round 17 weeks? Does this mean I'm gonna have a huge baby that nappies won't even fit on?
If you are 19 weeks on Thursday then you were 18 weeks and 4 days on November 6th. The ultrasound is only accurate to within 3-4 days.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Low risk of third Covid wave in SA, but country still ‘highly vulnerable’, Wits AI model suggests
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- Zuma faces R25m legal bill after SCA blocks State funding his corruption trial costs
- Markus Jooste's son-in-law involved in R35 million suit against historic wine farm
- Judge Davis: Moyane has much to answer about the degradation of SARS
- Qaanitah Hunter | Unqualified for the job but, still working for government
- Top cop Sitole and key generals look to SCA for salvation
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9428 votes
68% - 19908 votes