Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Aug 2008
6 weeks preg, no heartbeat yet, is it OK
I had evacuation at 10 weeks earlier this yr, due to no heartbeat & slight bleeding that started. I am pregnant again, 6 weeks (in real terms only 4 weeks) & went early (too?) to gynae & no heartbeat yet, but gunae is satisfied for this stage. She also reported slight bleeding, but this is apparently normal. She also prescribed hormone pills to stop miscarriage & something like disprin for blood thinning. I am suppose to vist in 2 weeks time again, but considering to only go at 12 weeks as I want to make sure by then I will hear heartbeat. Should I be worried, is everything OK?
If the sca size is normal and the HCG levels are increasing, it should be fine. I would suggest that you go back in 2 weeks though. By 8 weeks the heartbeat should be visible.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes