Ask an expert

20 Apr 2006

A bit of advice continued......
Hi i have another question.... cont.....
RE: below

I have stopped bleeding but am still experienceing the pain in the smae spot ( i can oin oint it with my finger) and it is still very sharp and ofter gets worse when i lie down. I have also now noticed that if i don't go to the bath room at the precise moemnt that i feel the need to even a bit then i get lower back and lower abdominal (below tummy) pain. Last night I also noticed that I could feel what felt like a swollen soft tube from my lower abdoment to my crotch normally this is normally an even dip I am not having pain during sex. actually seems to feel better. I am aslo a lot more tired than i usually am. Is this related to what happened should i see a doctor? Am I just being paranoid because of what happened last time?

Subject: A bit of advice
Posted by: Martine
i have a question. I started my period 7 days ago I am normailly only 5 days. On the 6th day i was just menstrating during the day. Last night I went our drinking and I had a heavy bleed (not normal for me) of clean red blood (it is usually a very dark colour) then last night I had severe pain in my lower left abdomen below my tummy and am still feeling a bit of a sting there today. Last year I ended up in hospital after I lost a lot of blood from the injection whicg also cause slight damage. I am on Triphasil and am sexually active. Today I am back to what I usually am at the end of my period. Should it be anything for me to worry about! I am so scared I won't be able to have children.
thank you
Date: 13/4/2006

Posted by: Gynaedoc
If the period ends with out any further problems, I would suggest that you wait and see what happens next month. If it continues, you should see your doctor.

Best wishes
Date: 16/4/2006
Answer 427 views

01 Jan 0001

You should see a doctor to determine what is causing the pain.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.