Ask an expert

16 Oct 2009

Absence of menstruation over months
I had a problem ogf not getting my periods lastyear &  it dragged on for months. When i eventually went to see the Gynae, I was placed on Oral Contraceptives(Triphasil) 2 assist in getting them back. I' m experiencing the same thing this year, it has now been four months since i last had my period. Is it safe 2 self-treat(with triphasil)?
Answer 420 views

01 Jan 0001

Yes, you can take Triphasil. You don't say what your diagnosis was though. It would be importnat to know this.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19305 votes