Ask an expert

06 Apr 2006

Advise Please!
Had a blighted ovum two months ago, been trying to fall pregnant for about two years, have got two children from a previous marriage, Should my husband be tested first or could there possibly be something wrong with me?????
Are there any vitamins other than folic acid that WE should be taking? I am 32 years old, smoker, healthy and he is 26, smoker, healthy. How often should we be having sex? Got a normal 28 day cycle.
Answer 387 views

01 Jan 0001

I don't think either of you need any tests at this stage. A single miscarriage/ blighted ovum is very common and there is no reason for it to recur. The smoking is bad on both sides though. If you have sex at least 3 times a week, you should catch the fertile period.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.