Ask an expert

05 Apr 2006

air in the vagina
I'm 29, married, recently disabled in a car accident, on Oral Contraceptives, unable to have sex regularly due to pain and discomfort in my whole body.
I have recently had a big issue with feeling air escaping from my vagina. I am not involved in any 'blowing into the vagina" or anything like that.
I am wondering if this is a freak event which I shouldn't worry about or if I should go see my PCP tomorrow.
Answer 383 views

01 Jan 0001

Many women experience this and it is quite normal. It is often related to the position in which you have sex. If it is possible for you to try a different position, it may help.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20298 votes