Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Jan 2005
I am 18 and on an injectable contraceptive, have been on it for nearly six months. I got raped a few months ago and I pursuaded him to use a condom but i have gained a lot of weight and my tummy is growing, many people say that i look pregnant. i don't have any pregnancy symptoms and i have my period irregullarly. about 3 days before my period i have a dark brown discharge, it doesn't smell but it is thick and there's lots of it, then my period starts and I have small little jelly-like blobs of blood coming out with my period. my period is now 6 days (is this normal?) and i have pain in my knees and ankles and sometimes in my shin. Could i be pregnant? i am terrified that i will have to admit that i have been raped if I am pregnant.
If you were on the injectable when you were raped, you should not have fallen pregnant. The symptoms you describe can all be related to the injection. However, if you were not on the injection at the time of the rape, do a pregnancy test to be sure.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- HIV and cervical cancer: Behind SA’s extraordinarily high numbers
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19981 votes