Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Dec 2004
Antibiotics, tonsilitis, Norlevo and late period
I recently had tonsilitis and it messed up my period (the doctor said it can be the disease's falut) i had antibiotics and sex two days after my antibiotics stopped. i took Norlevo (72hour emergency pill) and am now worried that i may be pregnant. i dont know if my period should be now since i suspect that the antibiotics may have delayed it. could the norlevo have been cancelled out or can it or the antibiotics disrupt my menstrual cycle? please help.
The Norlevo is the likeliest reason for your cycle being disrupted. It would be best to check a pregnancy test if your period is late, just to be sure.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- How Taiwan beat Covid-19 – new study reveals clues to its success
- Efforts to reduce coronavirus spread should focus on airborne transmission, not surfaces
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Cape Town fire: UCT working on urgent safety plan to prevent future fire hazards
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20007 votes