Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Apr 2007
Anxiety vs Medicine in pregnancy?
I am 7 weeks pregnant and have anxiety not only in my pregnancy but before the pregnancy, At night I cant sleep and sometimes when I get to sleep I wake up being frightened and my shoulders feel as if they are so heavy and burning. It gets better at times but then sometimes it is severe that I get anxiety attacks. I already spoke to my GP about this but they dont want to give me any medicine to help me, because of the pregnancy!! I want to know what is the worst the anxiety or maybe medicine they can give me? I dont want to lose the baby just because of anxiety?
There are medications that you can use in pregnancy, though you should try to avoid everything before 12 weeks. Anxiety will not affect the baby.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- Dominant ANC faction behind my 'unlawful, radical and premature suspension' - Ace Magashule
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20295 votes