Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Jan 2005
Anyone who can help my girlfriend
my girlfriend woke up last night in terrible pain. She was holding just below her stomach (bladder region) and crying She said it felt like it was burning. She says it was like period pain only much worse (she is not menstrating at the moment and is taking the birth control injection). the burning seemed to be quite bad as she was crying and she hardly ever cries! She went to the bathroom to urinate and she said that wasnt painful ( i was thinking bladder infection) the pain eventually stopped and this morning she says she is fine!! what could have caused this? could this be a sign that she is pregnant?
It could be a bladder infection, bowel problem, ovarian cyst. Pregnancy is unlikely.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9477 votes
68% - 20349 votes