Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Jan 2004
Arnold Chiari Malfomation
My husband was born with Arnold Chiari Malfomation (stage1) and I would just like to know what the chances are that our children (if we decide to have any) will be born with the same. My husband's father was also born with ACM.
As far as I know the recurrence rate is low. However, with the family history, it could be part of a syndrome. I would suggest that you ask the Geneticist.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Anxiety around illness in childhood and adolescence can become chronic
- Lockdown dramatically increased stress levels and loss of sleep in mothers
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule suspension: Cue the battle of the ANC branches
- Taxpayers will foot the bill while ANC MPs 'step aside'
- Cricket SA crisis not over yet? Sascoc v Sports Minister could reopen battles over constitution
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20244 votes