Ask an expert

15 Apr 2006

Bartholin gland or cist
My gynocologist remove a Barthilon cist by cutting it out. I do not know anything what that Barthilon mean. Will you pleasy be so kind and tell met what cause it, is it a danger thing and the recovery. I am 54years old. Thank you very much.
Answer 561 views

01 Jan 0001

All women have Bartholin's glands. They are situated in the vaginal wall and produce lubrication. Sometimes these glands become swollen or, more commonly, the duct which carries the lubrication out to the vagina, gets blocked. This can be sorted out with surgery. It is not dangerous and recovery is usually very quick.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.