Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Feb 2004
Been off the pill since sept...not yet pregnant...HELP!!
I've been off the pill since last year Sept and and i have been getting my periods irregular....my breasts(nipples)are very tender....it gets bigger and my body feels tired...i'm always nausea....i've been spotting for two months now and also can you tell me when is ovulating and when is your most fertile period?I'm afraid of not being able to bear any children....do you think i should go and see a gynea?I'm married a year now and do need to do a check-up...please do advise me....
Periods can often be irregular for up to 3 months after stopping the Pill. Yours seems to have gone on for a bit longer. If your periods are irregular, it is not really possible to tell when you are ovulating. In fact, you may not be ovulating at all. I would suggest you see a gynaecologist to get things sorted out.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Seven tips for choosing healthier drinks, and avoiding that hangover
- Best evidence on Covid-19 vaccines, immunity and whether the virus will become endemic or seasonal
- Police minister to 'seek clarity' on claims News24 journalist 'bugged'
- Ralph Mathekga | Mkhwebane inquiry: Where does the loyalty of the ANC caucus lie?
- North West intervention: 'Let's not mention names' - committee chair tells MPs
- Brian Molefe: I have no regrets that I knew the Guptas
- EXTRACT | The Profiler Diaries: South African serial murderer
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19468 votes