Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Aug 2007
birth control pill
hi, i i plan on getting married in a few months time, i just wanted to find out how long before i get married do i have to start taking the pill, i am also underweight would the pill help me to gain weight i have been to 4 gp's already & they cannot figure out what is wrong with me, would it be a problem when we decide to have a child any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.
It is a good idea to start the Pill 3 months or so before you get married to give your body time to adjust to it. The Pill will not help you gain weight. You don't give details of your diet,etc so I cannot tell why you are underweight. Underweight women may not ovulate regularly and this can be a problem in falling pregnant, but this does not apply in every case.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five a day: Two fruits and three vegetables daily linked to greater life expectancy
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Immune response in some Covid-19 patients different to those in other respiratory viruses - study
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
- Crime Intelligence: Night of the long knives sees Peter Jacobs fall
- Local govt elections: IEC to meet with political parties 'sometime this month'
- Brian Molefe: Approving my pension was a mistake
- Why healthcare staff working in clinics are being turned away from vaccination sites in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9371 votes
67% - 19387 votes