Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
03 Aug 2007
birth control pill
hi, i i plan on getting married in a few months time, i just wanted to find out how long before i get married do i have to start taking the pill, i am also underweight would the pill help me to gain weight i have been to 4 gp's already & they cannot figure out what is wrong with me, would it be a problem when we decide to have a child any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.
It is a good idea to start the Pill 3 months or so before you get married to give your body time to adjust to it. The Pill will not help you gain weight. You don't give details of your diet,etc so I cannot tell why you are underweight. Underweight women may not ovulate regularly and this can be a problem in falling pregnant, but this does not apply in every case.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Obesity, diabetes not only increases risk of severe Covid - it increases the risk of being infected
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- 10 ways to make yourself poop first thing in the morning
- Days of reckoning for Zuma and Hlophe: Will ConCourt and JSC imprison and push to impeach?
- With Edgars now in its stable, how does Legit-owner Retailability compare to its rivals?
- Eskom official went out of her way to help Econ Oil, and linked them up with Gigaba - probe report
- Adriaan Basson | The end of John Mandlakayise Hlophe, a judicial scoundrel and delinquent
- Trichomonas gallinae disease or canker killing birds in Eastern Cape?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19880 votes