Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
07 Dec 2005
We are TTC. I visited my gynae yesterday for a checkup (papsmear). If I am not pregnant, my period shoud start tomorrow. She did an internal sonar to see if I am not maybe pregnant, but couldn't see anything. Now I have a terrible bladder infection. Could it be because of this examination? What medication can I take that is safe to use, incase I am pregnant? I usually use Utin. Do you know if it is safe to use during pregnancy?
The scan would not give rise to a bladder infection. Try drinkling lots of water and take Citrosoda. If this does not help, you should see your doctor. Do not take Utin if there is a possibility of pregnancy.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Physical inactivity linked to higher risk of severe Covid-19, hospitalisation and death
- OPINION | Blood clot risks: comparing the AstraZeneca vaccine and the contraceptive pill
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
- What have rooibos farmers done wrong to still have no control over prices? - Former council chair
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19965 votes