Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Nov 2005
Bladder infection and possibly pregnant: URGENT PLEASE!!!
Have been TTC for a few months now. Ovulated last week. I have a bladder infection. Started yesterday. Have been trying to drink a lot of water, but no luck. I went to the pharmacy this morning. They gave me Utin (antibiotic). I did say that there is a chance that I might be pregnant and the pharmacist said that Utin would be safe to use. I am still scared to start drinking the tablets. Does anyone know that it is safe to use? I didn't want to go to the doctor about the bladder infection, as I am seeing the gynea next week. Please help!!! I am very concerned.
This should not be used in pregnancy. Amoxil might be a better option.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- App allows users to report adverse effects from medicines, including Covid-19 vaccines
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Cape Town inferno: Maintenance of fire site a centuries-old debate
- PP apologises to judge she attacked over Gordhan interdict, as she defends 'Rogue Unit' report
- 100 questions for Cyril Ramaphosa: State capture, cadre deployment, corruption and Jacob Zuma
- Being called a Gupta minister ‘doomed me to hell’, Lynne Brown tells state capture commission
- Karyn Maughan | The untouchable Arthur Fraser: Why has Ramaphosa not acted against Zuma's spy boss?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9441 votes
68% - 20048 votes