Ask an expert

03 Feb 2004

Bladder infection or worse?
For the last week I've been having burning pain when passing water and also a throbbing sensation right afterwards. I thoght that citro soda (followed by lots of water) would do the trick, but it's not helped much. A nurse at a chemist recommended something called "Pyridium" which I started taking today. What else do you recommend or should I see a GP if it's not better in 2-3 days time?
Please help!
Answer 403 views

01 Jan 0001

I think you should see a doctor. You may need antibiotics.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.