Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Nov 2004
Bleeding for 44 days now
I was recently diagnosed with Endometriosis. I had a loporosc.. and my gyn found alot of Endometriosis as well as my F.tubes are damaged. I have been on 3 pills to try and stop me from menstrating since then. My last one is triph... and I am just bleeding and bleeding. I have received 2 bottels of hormon tablets and it is still not stopping the bleeding. Is this typical of Endometriosis to bleed this long? I personally have found no releif from my operation. I still have pain and all the other problems as before. My gyn wants to stop the bleeding as he is very worried that I wont be able to fall pregnant with the amount of damage he has seen. The joy of all of this is I have alot of other health problems as well (heart, sugar, nervous system.. etc) I am 26 and wanted to wait until I was 30. All my doctors are telling me to start immediately. What is my body up to?
The oral contraceptive is not always the best treatment for endometriosis. Discuss with your doctor using either Danazol or Tridomose. Heavy bleeding is common with endometriosis, but not usually continuous bleeding. Check whether your gynaecologist did a laparoscopy at the same time to check for any other problems in the uterus.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
- Operation 'Catch-up' for Bok flanks Kolisi, Du Toit ... and will they square up?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes