Ask an expert

13 Apr 2006

Hi there. I have this blister that has reoccured on the outside of my vagina, for many years. I have been with the same partner for 10 years and married for 4. When the blister occurs, it is painful and usually bursts, secreting a puss like substance. My gynae said I should use Bactroban Tropical, which has always worked. However, after a recent stressful episode, it has reoccured, starting almost two weeks ago and the Bactroban is no longer working. My whole left side of my vagina was swollen, painful and itching. Is there anything else, over the counter, I can use to get rid of the blister please?
Answer 449 views

01 Jan 0001

This sounds like possible herpes, but your doctor would have to see it to make this diagnosis. There are anti-viral agents available for herpes.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9365 votes
67% - 19352 votes