Ask an expert

16 Feb 2004

Blood Test
Hi, 1stly is a blood test the only way to check if you the biological father of a child, if uncertain. Also, if the mother does not want to agree to have a blood test done. What can I do?
Answer 245 views

01 Jan 0001

You need DNA from both parents and the child. If the mother does not consent to give her own blood or that of the child, then you have a problem. If you have access to the child, it is possible to have some testing but not with quite the same accuracy. You could phone the genetics laboratory in your area for more information.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19336 votes