Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Jul 2005
blood test as pregnant test HELP!!!!!!!!
Yes i was here on friday and asked advice about my sister in law, yip we went for the blood test on saturday, not that this helped much, the lady said we should come bk next friday, the test was done and instead of just showing a minus sign there was a slight plus sign, please can someone tell me what to do now???????????? she is absolutley distraught and doesn't know what to do, me niether. would it be possible for my gynie to see if she is preggies or not? would a scan pick it up now already???????????
It sounds like a possible very early pregnany. A scan would not pick it up. The only thing to do is to repeat it a few days time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- A third of Covid survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders, a new study finds
- Pfizer vaccines are coming. Here’s how SA could prepare its cold chain
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Karyn Maughan | Hlophe found guilty of impeachable misconduct, does not guarantee his removal
- Ramaphosa under pressure to account for alleged role in Eskom’s troubles
- Hawks close in on Mahlobo over parallel spy structure
- Alleged irregularities in Unisa’s R3 million accommodation deal probed
- 'Hit list' worries ANC in Eastern Cape
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9423 votes
68% - 19865 votes