Ask an expert

14 Jul 2008


I have gone thru the postings on candida, but cannot find one that is related to my problem. My wife suffers from candida, and is now refusing to have intercourse with me. She says that it is I who infects her, and accuses me of sleeping around, which I am not. After intercourse, she says that it burns and itches.We have both taken oral medication, (cannot recall the drugs name), and she has also used a vaginal cream, which I also use. My question is, should I go and be checked by my GP, or can you recommend what I should do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


What I wou
Answer 353 views

01 Jan 0001

I presume that she has had a swab and that it is definitely Candida. Cross infection goes both ways and it is difficult to determine which partner it starts with. It won't do any harm to be checked by your doctor.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.