Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
24 Nov 2004
CONCEIVING AFTER MISCARRIAGE
I had an early miscarriage four weeks ago and did the evacuation. I would like to know how soon can a person conceive after evacuation process. For the past week I've been having this funny pains like period pains, my nipples sometimes sore, sometimes feel like I have a lot of gas, same feelings I had when pregnant. Is it possible that I might be pregnant again? If so, how safe is it to have sex? If not, how long should I abstain?
It is possible to conceive a few weeks after a miscarriage if you are not on contraception. Why don't you do a pregnancy test to know for sure?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes