Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Dec 2004
From when i was 17 (I am not 23) I have been suffering with thrush consistently. I have it most of the month, but it gets worse before my period. I have used all the creams, and my gynaecologist has changed my pill and put me on Sporonox for 6 months. The pill change did not help at all, but the Sporonox cleared it up for 6 months while i was taking it. Soon after I finished taking the Sporonox it returned. I cannot live with it anymore and am wondering what i can do to get rid of it once and for all. Please help.
You may have to try some lifestyle changes, like wearing cotton underwear, avoiding nylon stockings and tight jeans, bubble bath, etc. Also you shoud boil your underwear to get rid of resistant spores. You should also check your sugar,as diabetes can cause recurrent thrush.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Espresso, Americano, or decaf? Desire for a particular coffee driven by genetic code
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes