Ask an expert

29 Jan 2009

contraceptive concerns

I' ve been on the Pill, patch and injection. Fell pregnant on the Pill and the patch and bled right through on the injection. I have had an ectopic pregnancy in-between as well.

I was thinking of trying the Mirena device now, and have the money for it, but not for the insertion of it (R2k!!!!!). Can this only be inserted by a gynae, or can I try my luck at a clinic?
Answer 363 views

01 Jan 0001

You can try a specialised Family Planning clinic where doctors are available.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
31% - 9520 votes
69% - 20870 votes