Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Nov 2004
Though I am quite embarrassed, I need your help. Since I can remember, I had long minora. I have 2 children and it really bothers me that it is now even longer than before. It looks awful – I feel too ashamed to let my husband of 13 years see me naked. It bothers me so much that it is starting to affect my sex life. I want to know if this is normal and will it be possible to get corrective surgery for this problem? Who will be able to do this kind of surgery (not a man please) and what will the approximate costs be?
How can you help?
Surgery can be done by a gynaecologist. Remember though that there are complications to any form of surgery and what you describe is perfectly normal. Costs will depend on the individual doctor and hospital.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20001 votes