Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Jul 2010
Could i be pregnant or what?
I was on the pill (melodene) for just over a year. I forgot to take 2 pills in a row in week 3. Took all 3 pills in on the 3rd day in a panic. The missed were on a 02 & 03rd June 2010 (wednesday & thursday), so took 3 pills (active pills) on friday. The following Tuesday (8 June 2010) i got my period as expected. both days that i missed the pills we did have intercourse as well as the sunday before my period came. I decided to stop taking the pills, finished the last one on 14 June. On 17 June i started bleeding , & that went on for 3 days. Then on 9 July 2010 started my period ( i assume thsi was the normal period)? But the past week i''ve been having really tender & sore breasts & nauseas with a bit of an upset tummy & cramping. I took 3 pregnancy tests already ( urine home test) & all were negative. The last was this week. I have been under a lot of stress lately (just over a month now). But the only time i remember having sore boobs was when i was pregnant with my LB (now 2). What are the chances i could be pregnant?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!
With the negative pregnancy tests it is unlikely that you are pregnant. Your body is probably adjusting to being off the Pill.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20349 votes