Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Feb 2004
COULD I STILL BE PREGNANT
I DID WRITE PREVIOUSLY TO YOU.LET ME START FROM THE BEGINNING.LAST YEAR SEPTEMBER I MENSTRUATED ON THE 15TH FINISHED ON THE 21ST THEN I DID NOT MENSTRUATE UNTIL THE 2 JAN 04. MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON PREMARIN &PROVERA IN NOV THEN PRESCRIBED CLOMID FOR ME TO START ON THE 1ST OF JAN 04 I DID COMPLETE THE CAUSE SINCE I ALREADY STARTED WITH IT. I BLED FROM THE 2JAN 04 TO THE 13TH -01 04 THEN I BLED ON THE 21ST DAY IN DAY OUT AND SOMETIMES THE BLOOD WAS BROWN (DRY) UNTIL.THIS CARRIED ON UNTIL THE 6-02-04 AND NOW THE BLEEDING HAS STOPPED COMPLETELY.ON THE 5 -02-04 THE DOCTOR DID A PREGNANCY TEST AND IT IS POSITIVE & ON THE 10 - 02- 04 THE DOC PRESCRIBED FOLIC ACID & UTROGESTAN PILLS FOR ME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW COULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT I AM LESS THAN 2 WKS & THAT THE SCAN WON'T PICK ANYTHING UP AND ALSO THAT THE BLOOD REMAINING I MY WOMB HAS COME OUT SINCE I HADN'T BLED FOR SO LONG. ALSO I NEED TO KNOW WHEN DOES THE OESTROGEN LEVEL PICK UP AND EXACTLY WHEN WOULD THE SCAN SHOW THE FOETUS? PLEASE HELP ME I AM VERY CONFUSED & GIVING MYSELF TIME BEFORE I DO A DNC.
If the pregnancy test was positive on the 5th, then you are at least 5 weeks pregnant. This could be too early to see anything on scan. The way to monitor the pregnancy would be to do serial levels of the blood pregnancy test to see if they are rising as they should with a normal pregnancy and to repeat the scan later.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes