Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
21 Jan 2004
could this be an ectopic pregnancy?
I should be about 9 to 10 weeks pregnant. When I went for my first sonar on the 10th dec ( I should have been about three to four weeks at the time) the doc said they could not see anything but my tests kept showing positive, I had some light bleeding which stopped after a few days. they told me to come back for another sonar at the end of feb but now I have this constant numbness in my right side of my body and this pain in the right side of my uterus. I dont know what is going on? pls help.
An ectopic pregnancy is a possibility. This usually causes quite severe pain though. It is more than a month since your last scan in December, so something should show up by now. Go back and see your doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists invent home Covid-19 test using coffee machine capsules
- Are people who had Covid-19 more likely to develop blood clots? Study finds out
- Is fasting the best way to start a diet? For people with metabolic syndrome, the answer is yes
- Covid variants have changed the game - vaccines won't be enough. We need global ‘maximum suppression’
- Despite risk of severe Covid-19, mask-wearing inconsistent in people with underlying conditions
- SIU investigating Eskom’s Jan Oberholzer after 3 previous probes found no irregularities
- Respected but suspended: Eskom's Solly Tshitangano faced similar misconduct charges in 2005
- Clawing back lost money: Eskom's claim against Econ Oil bigger than initially thought
- From a glacier to steps - 10 things named after Prince Philip
- World renowned opera singer Sibongile Mngoma and NAC occupiers served with eviction order
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9422 votes
68% - 19857 votes