Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Jan 2005
Could this be Menopause or do I require a hysterectomy?
I am 37 going on 38, I have given birth to 4 children and have never had any problems besides heavy periods. I started spotting a couple of days ago and have now started my period. I am only due in 2 weeks time. I am not on any contraceptive and haven't been for 8 years. My periods are always regular. I have been experiencing terrible headaches, depression and mood swings lately, I also battle to concentrate and have no energy. I saw my gynae last year July and she said all was fine. Please help.
As this is the first time you have had an irregular period, I would suggest you wait and see what happens next week. the rest of your symptoms are non-specific. They could be due to stresses, heat,etc. This does not sound like the start of the menopause.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- Are chemicals shrinking your penis and depleting your sperm? Here’s what the evidence really says
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- INSIDE LABOUR | Covid-19 didn't cause union failures - the unions did it themselves
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20215 votes