Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Jul 2005
depo pro vera injection contraception
My last injection was on the 4th April 2005 i have been on this for 2 years and would desperatley like to fall pregnant! Up till today i have not yet again had a period? Could something be wrong or is this normal? My sex life is a healty and very active one with the same partner for the past 10 years and we already have 1 child, but would love to have another, what must I do?
It is normal not to have periods on the injectable. If you want a child, stop the injection. It can take quite a while before your periods return and you are able to conceive though.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- How to make sense of nutrition labels
- Some form of long-term symptom lingers in one in 10 who had mild Covid-19, new study finds
- SEE: Woman’s nose collapses due to rare autoimmune disorder
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- 'Hlophe should not only be impeached, he should be put in prison' - Kriegler
- Family finally gets justice 10 years after their three-year-old boy drowned at a North West lodge
- Meet Soweto's 'cemetery navigators' - the men attending to dilapidated graves
- High risks or picky banks: Why is microfinance not taking off in SA?
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Judge Dennis Davis: ‘To accuse the judiciary of being captured is outrageous’
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19981 votes