Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Feb 2004
Depressed,would like a child...
I've been off the pill for 6months now and i'm very depressed cause i haven't fell pregnant yet....i know they say it takes about a year or less not really sure....i'm afraid that there might be something wrong with me or with my husband..we are married a year and two months and we are longing to have a little one....he had an operation when he was 9yrs old on his penis but they said that he will have kids one day...should we consult our doctor or should we just be patient and wait...its hurting me cause my friends that got married before me,they are all pregnant....am i not worthy of being a MOTHER?Help me to get over this depression and i'm not showing it but i'm hurting so much inside i feel like i'm going to die....will you please help with some advice on what to do and who we can consult...
After six months, it is too soon to think that there might be something wrong with you. You could try having timed intercourse. Work out your cycle and then the time of ovulation and have intercourse around this time.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Blood type A may increase Covid-19 risk, study finds
- Four Covid-related skin complaints everyone should look out for
- Ivermectin doesn't speed recovery in people with mild Covid-19, new study finds
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- How does resistance to disinfectants happen? We’re on the road to answering the question
- ANALYSIS | André de Ruyter accused of SA’s irredeemable sin as he shuts down Eskom patronage networks
- Taxpayer loses as multimillion-rand investment collapses amid allegations of fraud, mismanagement
- Mbalula's comments indicate the ANC is far from united in bid to oust Public Protector
- Adriaan Basson | Trial by social media - the tragic Lindsay Dentlinger story
- Shelved? aQuellé back on shelves despite continuing probes into KwaSizabantu
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19457 votes