Ask an expert

29 Feb 2004

Depressed,would like a child...
I've been off the pill for 6months now and i'm very depressed cause i haven't fell pregnant yet....i know they say it takes about a year or less not really sure....i'm afraid that there might be something wrong with me or with my husband..we are married a year and two months and we are longing to have a little one....he had an operation when he was 9yrs old on his penis but they said that he will have kids one day...should we consult our doctor or should we just be patient and wait...its hurting me cause my friends that got married before me,they are all i not worthy of being a MOTHER?Help me to get over this depression and i'm not showing it but i'm hurting so much inside i feel like i'm going to die....will you please help with some advice on what to do and who we can consult...
Answer 418 views

01 Jan 0001

After six months, it is too soon to think that there might be something wrong with you. You could try having timed intercourse. Work out your cycle and then the time of ovulation and have intercourse around this time.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19457 votes